In April 2017, we asked our 10K+ members to help us map the state of mind and progress of Internet of Things startups, businesses and professionals in the UK and beyond. This is what they had to say so far but .
- Generally the community is aged between 35-60
- 29% of respondents describe themselves as entrepreneurs
- 32% of respondants have a startup that is less than 5 years old
- 65% have invested more in #iot in their workplace
- Only 30% think Brexit will not have an impact for them and 24% think it will change the way they will hire and price their products.
- 50% of #iot startups have 2-5 employees
- 66% have women on their teams
- 27% have members of the LGBTQ community on their teams
- 45% have people of ethnic minorities on their team
- 75% (up from 67% last year) of those young businesses are self-financed followed by 25% who have been awarded grants.
- 25% of #iot startups are looking for less than £50K in financing.
Please continue to contribute to this as the survey is still open!