God it’s cold in London. Well, our last event of the year is on this weekend and it’s a pop-up shop!
Hosted by the wonderful R/GA IoT Venture Studio UK and generously sponsored by IBM, Breed Reply and Resin we’re selling over 30 products by the community.
We also have exclusive demos of Museum in a Box, Line-us and Klevio.
Come and visit us today from 10-5pm and tomorrow from 12-5pm at 99 Clifton Street, EC2A 4LG
PS: By the way, we’ve lost our host! If you have a room and kitchen facilities that would take 60-90 people around East London and are happy hosting us for a while, get in touch at alex at designswarm dot com
We’re organising our spring bi-yearly showcase this time hosted by the IET on April 25th. We’ll be showcasing #iot projects, prototypes and products we haven’t shown before, so do consider applying, it’s free!
Hardware Pioneers (March 8th)
Speakers include Raspberry Pi, RS Components and Silicon Labs. More details.
Resin.io spring hackathon (March 11th)
Hackathon with a focus on multi-device projects using resin.io. They are our sponsors and are lovely people! More details.
Bosch IoT Hackathon, Berlin (March 15-16th)
nufood Experience (Tomorrow)
A five-course tasting menu featuring 3D printed culinary creations made by a kitchen robot. More details.
Technical Content Lead, Engineering and Open Call at Resin.io
Hardware Engineer at sports wearable startup
MIT IoT Bootcamp (May 29th-June 3rd)
An intense, week-long course where participants will be able to learn from MIT faculty and guest speakers, and participate in a hackathon open to the public. More details.
Line-us robot (only 3 hours to go on their campaign) Back them
Lots going on in this month’s community newsletter. One thing to highlight first is that we have a showcase of work for our next meetup. Think of it as a trade show setup but less formal and a great way to get feedback. We do this twice a year only so really worth attending if you can. If you have a project/prototype you’d like to show, just fill in the form on the meetup page.
Metavallon Accelerator (Deadline April 27th)
Four month program with €22K of pre-seed funding for winners and €200K worth of services. More details.
The Inventor Centre
Tom Rafferty is looking for feedback from before they launch their KS campaign. Help them out!
Iot & Your Business at the British Computing Society (Tomorrow)
Talks by Duncan Purves of 2Insight Ltd and Paul Green of Iotics Labs. More details.
Intel IOT Roadshow (May 14th)
Includes access to a dev kit for the day. More details.
Internet of Business Events (all year)
Events across Europe around manufacturing, retail, insurance and the technical challenges of #iot. More details.
Check out Pacif-i, the smart baby pacifier which is now shipping!
Smart Oxford Challenge (Deadline Aug 7th)
A day of helping anyone with a digital or #iot idea that would apply to Oxford. You pitch it to press and city officials at the end of the day. (I’m helping organise this). See details.
Solid Amsterdam (Oct 28th)
Technology publishers O’Reilly are bringing their Hardware, Software and IOT event to Europe. Use code IOTLDN20 to get 20% off best price before 6 Aug. See details.
Simon Blacker has just started an online discussion board/community for people interested in #iot. Monthly prizes for contributing and you can win an Arduino Yun or Raspberry Pi for posting. See details.
Demo space at the meetup
I announced last month that I’d love to see people bring their hacks to showcase at the meetup on Sherlock/One Fine Stay’s big tables. So to kick that off, I have 2 copies of Designing Connected Products to give away to the best hacks at the September meetup. Have a think!
I’ve decided to collect not only a bookcase of #iot books but as many samples of products from the community as possible in a large suitcase I can send to conferences who want to showcase the community. See details
We’ve created a little form you can now fill in when you want to appear on this newsletter. http://iot.london/submit/
- Smart Things Live @ WeWork (June 17th) A hands-on workshop focusing on home automation with code, Artik developer kit demonstrations. More details
- Rethinking the Smart City from the ground up @ Nesta (June 18th) Evening event with 2 panel sessions. More details.
- Digital Mission for Makers in China (June 17-23rd) You need to pay your flights & accomodation for the trip but I’m told it’s quite cheap atm. Apply now.
- Critical Wearable Research Lab (June 29th) at the London College of Fashion. Daytime event which sounds great. Demonstrations of real devices, firestarter presentations, group work and discussions. More details
- The founders of Web of Things are writing a book.
- The Hardware Club Meetup (June 10th) Their first event is on investment More details.
- Makers against Drought with Samsung (deadline Septemper 2nd). An online hackathon. More details.
- EIT ICT Labs Ideas Challenge (deadline July 6th) Apply now
- Don’t forget to check out our job board and post up your job searches or offers!